The Division of Science at New York University Abu Dhabi is looking to recruit a postdoctoral associate to work under the supervision of Prof. Pierre Youssef on subjects including (in no particular order):
- Concentration and functional inequalities.
- Mixing times of Markov chains.
- Random matrix theory and spectrum of random graphs.
- High dimensional convex geometry.
- Mathematical aspects of machine learning (deep learning, feature selection, bias and fairness modeling, etc.)
While excellent candidates with other research interest may be considered, a priority will be given to those able to relate to one or several of the above topics.
The Postdoctoral Associate will be appointed for a duration of two years. Applicants must hold a PhD degree in Mathematics, statistics or theoretical computer science. We seek candidates with an outstanding academic record.
The terms of employment are generous and internationally very competitive and include housing and educational subsidies for children.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and candidates will be considered until the position is filled. For consideration, applicants must submit the following items in PDF format at https://apply.interfolio.com/74217:
- Cover letter.
- Transcript of PhD degree.
- Curriculum vitae.
- List of publications with a short summary (few sentences) of the contribution of each article.
- A short research statement (max 4 pages) including the applicant’s research interests, accomplishments and future research projects.
- Three letters of recommendation to be sent confidentially (applicants will be prompted to enter the referee’s e-mails).
Further questions may be directed to email@example.com.
NYUAD is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity, and social inclusion.
NYU Abu Dhabi is a degree-granting research university with a fully integrated liberal arts and science undergraduate program in the Arts, Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Engineering. NYU Abu Dhabi, NYU New York, and NYU Shanghai, form the backbone of NYU’s global network university, an interconnected network of portal campuses and academic centers across six continents that enable seamless international mobility of students and faculty in their pursuit of academic and scholarly activity. This global university represents a transformative shift in higher education, one in which the intellectual and creative endeavors of academia are shaped and examined through an international and multicultural perspective. As a major intellectual hub at the crossroads of the Arab world, NYUAD serves as a center for scholarly thought, advanced research, knowledge creation, and sharing, through its academic, research, and creative activities.
UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply.
This position is not located in the United States. You must be willing to relocate to Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.