At the University of Graz, researchers and students work across a broad disciplinary spectrum to enlarge our knowledge, and find strategies to deal with challenges our society is confronted with and to shape tomorrow’s world. The University of Graz is a place which combines high quality academic research and teaching, where achievement is rewarded, careers are promoted, and social diversity is encouraged – all within a modern, award-winning working environment. Our motto: We work for tomorrow. Join us!
The Institute for Mathematics and Scienfitic Computing is looking for a
University Assistant with doctorate
(30 hours a week; fixed-term employment for the period of 18 months; position to be filled as of July 1st 2021 )
- Research in the area of factorization theory
- Collaboration with the Algebra and Number Theory Group
- Participation in ongoing research projects and independent research
- Participation in the teaching of courses for mathematics students and co-supervision of students
- Participation in organisation and administrative tasks of the institue
- PhD (Mathematics/Algebra) or a comparable academic degree
- Publications in Algebra, in particular on quaternion algebras
- Ability for integration into the department's research profile, in particular links to Factorization Theory
- Didactic skills for independent teaching
- German (desirable)
- English level C1
- Independent and responsible way of working
- Organizational and team skills
Salary scheme of the Universitäten-KV (University Collective Agreement): B1
The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is EUR 2959.40 gross/month. This minimum salary may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations.
Application Deadline: April 21st 2021
Reference Number: MB/83/99 ex 2020/21
The University of Graz strives to increase the proportion of women in particular in management and faculty positions and therefore encourages qualified women to apply.
Especially with regard to academic staff, we welcome applications from persons with disabilities who meet the requirements of the advertised position.
If you are interested, please submit your application documents (CV, certificates, etc.) indicating the reference number before the stated deadline. Make sure to indicate the reference number on your application and please send your CV and photo to: