The Institut of Mathematics and Scientific Computing is looking for a
University Assistant with doctorate
(40 hours a week; fixed-term employment for the period of 6 years; position to be filled as of September 1st 2021 )
• Research in the field of continuous, infinite-dimensional optimisation (analysis and numerics)
• Collaboration in large-scale projects of the institute; if appropriate, own acquisition of third-party funding
• Conducting courses and examinations, e.g. in the area of optimisation/numerics
• Collaboration in the supervision of students
• Participation in organisational and administrative tasks
• Possibility to work on a relevant habilitation or qualification for professorship
• Completed doctorate in mathematics
• Sound knowledge of infinite-dimensional and/or stochastic/statistical optimisation
• Practical knowledge of the algorithmic implementation of optimisation methods
• Good knowledge of a modern programming language (Python, Julia) (desirable)
• Scientific excellence
• Excellent proficiency in English
• Didactic aptitude for independent teaching
• Ability to communicate and work in a team
Salary scheme of the Universitäten-KV (University Collective Agreement): B1
The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is EUR 3945.90 gross/month. This minimum salary may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations.
We offer you a job with a lot of responsibility and variety. You can expect an enjoyable work climate, flexible work hours and numerous possibilities for further education and personal development. Take advantage of the chance to enter into a challenging work environment full of team spirit and enthusiasm for your job.
Application Deadline: June 16th 2021
Reference Number: MB/124/99 ex 2020/21
The University of Graz strives to increase the proportion of women in particular in management and faculty positions and therefore encourages qualified women to apply.
Especially with regard to academic staff, we welcome applications from persons with disabilities who meet the requirements of the advertised position.
If you are interested, please submit your application documents (CV, certificates, etc.) before the stated deadline. Make sure to indicate the reference number on your application to:
For further information on the job advertisement, please contact Prof. Christian Clason (email@example.com).