The Institute of Mathematics at the Clausthal University of Technology has an immediate job opening for
research assistants in the Clausthal Numerical Analysis group
for an initial period of 3 years in full time (100%). The salary is based on E 13 TV-L (if the personal requirements are met). Within the scope of the job, further scientific qualification (doctorate, possibly habilitation) at the TU Clausthal is intended.
Your core tasks include:
· Development and analysis of novel numerical solution methods for particular classes of partial differential equations such as Maxwell's equations or convection-dominated diffusion-convection equations.
· Publication of research results
· Presentation of research results at international conferences
· Creation and maintenance of scientific software
· Teaching support
You meet the requirements:
· Excellent degree (MSc equivalent) in mathematics or a related subject with strong relation to numerical mathematics
· Independent, structured way of working and fast comprehension skills
· Enjoyment of interdisciplinary application problems and exchange with scientists from other disciplines
· Good programming skills with numerical codes in C/C++, Python, Matlab or Julia
· Very good German language skills
· Good written and spoken English
Equality with its facets equal opportunities, diversity, and family friendliness is an important concern for the TU Clausthal. People with disabilities are considered with priority if they are suitable. Applications from people of all nationalities are welcome.
Please send your applications (in German or English) with the usual documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae, certificates) by e-mail (in a single PDF file) to Prof. Dr. Lutz Angermann (email@example.com) by August 31, 2021 at the latest.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Prof. Angermann.
Please note our information on data protection in the application process on our homepage: https://www.tu-clausthal.de/en/university/careers-vocational-training/tu-clausthal-as-an-employer/information-on-data-privacy-in-the-application-process
Please send your applications (in German or English) with the usual documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae, certificates) by e-mail (in a single PDF file) to Prof. Dr. Lutz Angermann (firstname.lastname@example.org)