PostDoc on exchange of research software and data
The Collaborative Research Center (CRC) 1456 Mathematics of Experiment: The challenge of indirect measurements in the natural sciences at the Georg-August-University Göttingen started in 2021; more information on the CRC can be found at https://www.uni-goettingen.de/en/628179.html. The infrastructure project supports the constituent projects to meet the highest standards in reproducible research and collaborate on software projects and data. Therefore, the University of Göttingen and the University Medical Center Göttingen offer positions for
1 PostDoc candidate (f/m/d).
The position should be filled as soon as possible. The salary is in accordance with the German public service salary scale (E13 TV-L) for two years. The positions are offered with 100 % of the regular working hours.
The aim of CRC 1456 is to develop mathematical data analysis for the natural sciences, i.e. mathematical theory and tools to efficiently extract maximal quantitative information from experimental data. As new measurement techniques and instruments keep being devised and improved for inexpensive and efficient data acquisition, the current bottleneck is how to extract meaningful information from the resulting vast amounts of such measurements. Typical reasons are that modern measurement technologies often provide such information only in an indirect manner and that the observational data are strongly corrupted by noise and often generated in an inherently random way. These challenges will be addressed in 16 projects which are all led jointly by a mathematician and an experimental scientist. Within the CRC the infrastructure project is dedicated to two goals: supporting reproducible research and supporting and initiating collaborations on the diverse data and software frameworks.
• You have experience with numerical software development and/or computational data analysis.
• You like to work in an interdisciplinary team.
• You are committed to the goals of open source software and open data in science.
• You are interested in technologies like jupyter, binder, google colab, etc… to investigate and present scientific content.
• You have good experience in transfer on good scientific practice on the reproducibility of research (especially in the environment of the CRC 1456)
• You are fully proficient in written and spoken English.
• You hold an excellent PhD degree (or equivalent) in computer science, applied mathematics or a related field in the natural sciences represented in this CRC.
The institutions mentioned above are equal opportunities employers and place particular emphasis on fostering career opportunities for women. Qualified women are therefore strongly encouraged to apply in fields in which they are underrepresented. We have committed ourselves to being family-friendly institutions and support our employees in balancing work and family life. We are committed to employing a greater number of severely disabled persons. Applications from severely disabled persons with equivalent qualifications will be given preference.
Your application including also a curriculum vitae, copies of your certificates and contact information of at least two references should be submitted to the online application platform https://lotus2.gwdg.de/uni/uzdv/perso/knr_100912.nsf by August 31, 2021.