We are offering a
Post Doc Research Position
within the Christian-Doppler Laboratory on Mathematical Modeling and Simulations of Next Generations of Ultrasound Devices at the Faculty of Mathematics, University of Vienna, funded by the Christian-Doppler Research Association (https://www.cdg.ac.at/). Full time, 40 hours per week, for an initial period of two year (with possible extensions up to a maximum of seven years), starting on January 1st, 2022.
The researcher will work on developing and implementing inverse reconstruction formulas for ultrasound imaging. In particular strong interactions with the experimental partners and medical doctors at the Medical University of Vienna are required.
We anticipate that the software components are directly implemented on programmable medical devices.
- Strong background in mathematics and numerics of tomography and modeling
- Software implementation capabilities
- Doctorate in Mathematics, Computational Sciences, or Biomedical Engineering or a closely related field is required
- English skills needed
- Excellent opportunities to work in a highly motivated research environment and collaborate with international experts in the fields related to the project.
- An annual gross salary according to the salary scheme of the Austrian Science Fund.
In case the candidate has already Postdoc experience and brings in hardware component programming knowledge the position might even be eligible for a senior postdoc position.
Applications with personal and scientific data and a compact statement about scientific interests and achievements should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com till October 31st, 2021. More information can be found on https://www.csc.univie.ac.at/