Call for proposals
The NOMIS Foundation and ISTA have launched an interdisciplinary basic research program for exceptional postdoctoral scientists.
The NOMIS Fellowship Program at ISTA provides postdocs with the freedom to work on big unanswered questions and high risk research at the intersection of two or more scientific disciplines. ISTA offers an enabling and collaborative environment, with dedicated mentorship from world-class, established scientists, on the outskirts of Vienna.
· Cutting-edge and state-of-the-art resources: scientific service units, research and travel funds
· Freedom to explore high-risk concepts: three-year fully funded position
· Open, collaborative, interdisciplinary research environment
· Enabling framework in which to develop interdisciplinary skills; dual mentorship
· Teaching within ISTA encouraged (but not required), aiming to create the most conducive environment for the creation and transfer of knowledge
· Scientific integrity and leadership training, as well as career development support
· Joining ISTA’s and the NOMIS Foundation’s global networks of exceptional, pioneering researchers
Proposals are invited in the following fields: Mathematics; Biology; Neuroscience; Physics; Chemistry; Computer Science; and related disciplines
In 2019, IST Austria was ranked #3 in the world-wide Nature Index ranking (normalized).
In 2018, IST Austria was ranked within the top ten of Nature Index Rising Stars “Top 30 academic institutions under 30” list and was featured in this article in Nature Index
Application deadline: June 14, 2022
For more information visit: https://ist.ac.at/en/education/postdocs/nomis-fellowship/
ISTA is committed to equality and diversity.
For more information visit our website: https://ist.ac.at/en/education/postdocs/nomis-fellowship/