Within the DFG Priority Program “Theoretical Foundations of Deep Learning” and the Munich Center for Machine Learning the research unit "Applied and Numerical Analysis " at the Technical University of Munich, Department of Mathematics, invites applications for 3 research positions as a
- Doctoral Researcher (pay scale 75% TVL E13, 3-4 years) or
- Postdoctoral Researcher (pay scale 100% TVL E13, up to 7 years),
starting July 1, 2022 or later. Ideal candidates have:
- a master's degree / doctoral degree in mathematics: candidates with degree in other disciplines (computer science, engineering, statistics etc.) will not be considered,
- a strong background in at least two of the following fields: machine learning, optimization, optimal control, nonlinear PDE, variational calculus, numerical analysis and algorithms,
- some experience in numerical programming with Python, C/C++, Matlab or similar environments,
- good command of the English language (knowledge of German is not required),
and are interested in working on mathematical analysis and numerical analysis for models in machine learning. For more information please contact Prof. Massimo Fornasier (email@example.com).
Applications should be sent as a single PDF file via email to Mrs. Silvia Toth-Pinter (firstname.lastname@example.org) with subject line “Application for the Doc position mathematics of machine learning” and should include:
- a CV, with a list of publications (for postdoctoral researchers),
- copies of degrees / university transcripts,
- a motivational statement (at most one page) explaining the applicant's interest in the position as well as their relevant skills and experience,
- names and email addresses of at least one (for doctoral researchers) or two (for postdoctoral researchers) professors that may provide letters of recommendation directly to the hiring committee.
Applications missing some of the requested documentation will not be considered. Review of applications will begin on May 15, 2022 and continue until this position is filled. TUM is an equal opportunity employer. As such, we explicitly encourage applications from women. Applications from disabled persons with essentially the same qualifications will be given preference.
Data Protection: With your application for a position at the Technical University of Munich, (TUM) you naturally send us personal data. Please observe our data protection information in accordance with Article 13 of the German Data Protection Law (DSGVO) under http://go.tum.de/554159 regarding the storage and usage of your personal data as submitted in connection with your application. By sending your application, you confirm that you acknowledge the data protection information of the TUM.