The Catholic University of Eichstätt-Ingolstadt (KU) is a non-state university under church leadership and
officially recognized by the Free State of Bavaria. It is committed to strong research and excellent teaching
and combines first-class study conditions with an international focus. Eight faculties offer a wide range of
subjects for around 5,000 students. The University employs 900 people of different faiths and beliefs.
Grounded in the Christian view of human life, the KU aims to create an academic and educational culture of
The Applied Mathematics research group within the newly established Mathematical Institute for
Machine Learning and Data Science (MIDS) at the KU Eichstätt-Ingolstadt invites applications for a
fulltime position (100%) at the next possible date for a
Postdoctoral Researcher or an Akademischer Rat auf Zeit (m/f/d)
in Applied Mathematics
with an initial contract duration of 3 years with a possible extension for another 3 years. The place of
work shall be Ingolstadt. Provided that the requirements are met, remuneration will be according to
pay grade E13 TV-L, if applicable A13. Under certain conditions, the position may also be shared by
two part-time employees.
The successful candidate pursues independent research at the interface of analysis, modeling, and
simulation. Subfields of particular interest include mathematical or geophysical fluid dynamics,
multiscale methods, data-driven algorithms and/or optimization. The possibility of habilitation is given
and is expressly desired.
- Independent mathematical research and publications
- Light teaching duties within the teaching portfolio of the mathematics department (equivalent
to 5 hours per week during the teaching period)
- Acquisition of third-party funding
- Participation in the research activities of the group
- Contribution to larger structured funding proposals
- Excellent PhD degree in one of the listed areas of applied mathematics
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to structure and pursue a successful research agenda
- Flexibility and willingness to travel
- German language skills are not required, but candidates are encouraged to develop those
during their employment at the KU
Participation in the development of the newly founded Mathematical Institute for Machine
Learning and Data Science (MIDS)
- Team-oriented and well-equipped work environment in central Ingolstadt
- Possibility to pursue own research
- Opportunity and support for career development
Please send your application with the usual supporting documents by e-mail to Prof. Dr. Marcel
Oliver (email@example.com) by August, 7th, 2022 (please combine all documents in one PDF file).
Your documents should include cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of transcripts and degree
certificates and at least one letter of recommendation. Applicants’ documents will be deleted after
completion of the recruitment process in compliance with data protection regulations.
All employees are obliged to acknowledge the nature and mission of the KU as stipulated in its
Mission Statement and Foundation Charter. The University is therefore interested in receiving
applications with relevant information in this regard.
The KU is committed to promoting equal opportunities for men and women, and aims to ensure
that its members are able to balance work and family life. Candidates with severe disabilities who
are equally suitable to other applicants will be prioritized.