The research group on Multiscale and Stochastic Dynamics at Technical University Munich seeks candidates for the following position:
postdoctoral researcher (2-year) or doctoral student (3-year)
Interested candidates should have a background in one or more of the following areas: probability theory, stochastic analysis, stochastic processes.
The position is funded by a Lichtenberg Professorship in the project “Multiscale Dynamical Systems near Instability” with a duration of up to 24 months (postdoc) or 36 months (doc). The successful candidate will join the re-search activities of the group and contribute to the development of the project. The precise research direction within the project will be determined by the background and interests of the candidate in collaboration with the group leader Professor Christian Kuehn.
• for postdoc: PhD-degree or equivalent (completed or to be completed within 3-4 months)
• for doc: Master-degree or equivalent (completed, or to be completed within 3-4 months)
• strong mathematical background in one, or more, of the areas mentioned above
• good English language skills (written and oral)
• excellent grades
The salary (TV-L 13 at 100% (postdoc) or 75% (doc)) is commensurate with qualifications and aimed to equal salaries of other researchers at Technical University Munich at the Faculty of Mathematics with postdoctoral researcher (2-year) or doctoral student (3-year) positions.
Application materials should be sent per email as ONE PDF-file to: email@example.com
• CV (+ publication list, if available)
• transcript(s) for bachelor-/master-level studies
• names and full contact addresses of at least two references
• brief statement of scientific interests / motivation
Evaluation of applications may start immediately with the main target deadline March 31st 2017. However, applications will be considered beyond the deadline until the position is filled. Once the position is filled, this will be announced on the webpage: http://www-m8.ma.tum.de/personen/kuehn/jobs.html
Informal inquiries regarding the position should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org