We are looking for a candidate who
· has a strong track record of research in Probability Theory that will expand the department‘s research profile,
· has experience in research collaborations with other mathematical disciplines,
· contributes to the departmental tasks of research, teaching and academic administration,
· will actively participate in the department's current and future collaborative research initiatives,
· is open for research collaborations with scientists from the Faculty of Mathematics and from other departments of Bielefeld University.
Formal requirements for appointments are detailed in paragraph 36 of the "Hochschulgesetz" of the state of North-Rhine Westfalia. (https://recht.nrw.de/lmi/owa/br_text_anzeigen?v_id=10000000000000000654)
Applications from suitably qualified handicapped and severely handicapped persons are explicitly encouraged.
Bielefeld University has received a number of awards for its achievements in the provision of equal opportunity and has been recognized as a family friendly University. The University welcomes applications by women. This is particularly true in regard to both academic and technical posts as well as positions in information technology and trades and crafts. Applications are handled according to the provisions of the state’s equal opportunity statutes.
The submission deadline for applications is July 6, 2017.
Applications should include a curriculum vitae, a 2-page research and teaching concept and a publication list with three outstanding publications highlighted. They can be submitted by e-mail to:
or by regular mail to:
Dean of the Faculty of Mathematics
P.O. Box 100131
Applicants are asked not to send in original documents, as these cannot be returned.