With its 4,300 employees and 32,500 students, the University of Graz provides an exciting and varied work environment. Given our expertise in research and teaching, we are a central institution in Styria.
Institute of Mathematics and Scientific Computing is looking for a
University Assistant with doctorate
(40 hours a week; fixed-term employment for the period of 1 year; position to be filled as of February 1st 2018 )
- Research in the field of scientific computing with special focus on parallel numerical algorithms in CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) and FSI (Fluid Structure Interaction)
- Application of HPC (High Perfromance Computing) in biomedical sciences and in natural sciences
- Collaboration in the BioTechMed project „ILEARNHEART“ and in further interdisciplinary cooperation projects
- Independent teaching of courses in the field of numerical mathematics and HPC, supervision of students and holding of exams
- Participation in organizational and administrative matters
- Doctoral degree in a mathematical branch of study
- Solid knowledge of analysis and numerics of PDEs, of high performance computing and experience in the interdisciplinary cooperation
- Exellent knowledge in C++ programming, OpenMP/MPI parallelization and in data structures for the efficient implementation of numerical methods
- Ability to teach in german and english language
- Ability for integration into interdisciplinary cooperation projects, in particular into the BioTechMed project "ILEARNHEART" and into projects with industrial partners
- Capacity for teamwork, organizational talent and ability to communicate
Salary scheme of the Universitäten-KV (University Collective Agreement): B1
The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is EUR 3626.60 gross/month. This minimum salary may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations.
We offer you a job with a lot of responsibility and variety. You can expect an enjoyable work climate, flexible work hours and numerous possibilities for further education and personal development. Take advantage of the chance to enter into a challenging work environment full of team spirit and enthusiasm for your job.
Application Deadline: December 20th 2017
Reference Number: MB/14/99 ex 2017/18
The University of Graz strives to increase the proportion of women in particular in management and faculty positions and therefore encourages qualified women to apply.
Especially with regard to academic staff, we welcome applications from persons with disabilities who meet the requirements of the advertised position.
If you are interested, please submit your application documents within the stated deadline. Make sure to indicate the reference number on your application and please send your CV and photo to: