Alpen-Adria-Universitaet Klagenfurt is establishing a Karl Popper Kolleg (graduate school) entitled ”Modelling - Analysis - Simulation - Optimization of Discrete, Continuous, and Stochastic Systems with Applications in Business and Economics“. Therefore, in compliance with § 107 para. 1 Universities Act 2002, the following open position is announced:
Senior Scientist without Doctoral Degree (f/m)
This is a 75 % employment position (30 hours per week; Uni-KV: B1 – cf. https://uniko.ac.at/modules/download.php?key=10916_DE_O&f=1&jt=7906&cs=66A9), limited to 36 months. The minimum gross monthly salary amounts to € 2.048,30 (14 times per year) and can increase in accordance with the provisions of the collective agreement in the case of consideration of previous occupational experience. Expected starting
date is 1st April, 2018.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• research and scientific qualification within the above mentioned Karl Popper Kolleg with the goal of a PhD thesis,
• conceptual and administrative involvement in conferences and third party funding proposals,
• presentation of scientific results in publications and at conferences.
• master or diploma degree in (technical) mathematics or an economic discipline with mathematical specialization or engineering or natural sciences with focus on mathematics and economics; completed by 31st March, 2018.
• good knowledge in:
˗ analysis of stochastic systems,
˗ Bayesian spatial-temporal prediction and design,
˗ nonlinear and combinatorial optimization,
˗ optimization and analysis of discrete structures,
˗ parameter identification,
˗ qualitative and numerical analysis of dynamic systems;
• communication and presentation skills,
• dedication to interdisciplinary problems,
• subject-specific international experience,
• good written and spoken English skills.
The position is aimed at the scientific training of graduates of a diploma or master program with the goal of a PhD thesis in science and engineering or in social sciences and economics. Applications from persons already holding such a degree can therefore not be taken into account.
Alpen-Adria-Universitaet Klagenfurt seeks to increase the ratio of women in scientific positions and therefore encourages qualified female candidates to apply. Among equally qualified applicants, women will receive preferential consideration.
People with disabilities or chronic diseases, who fulfil the requirements, are particularly encouraged to apply.
Applications should be submitted with the usual documents (application letter, CV, master/diploma thesis, certificates and supporting documents) no later than 10th January 2018 mentioning the code 691/17 to Alpen-Adria-Universitaet Klagenfurt, recruitment office. Applications can only be submitted online via www.aau.at/obf.
General information for applicants is available on www.aau.at/jobs/information.
More information on the Karl Popper Kolleg is provided by
Prof Dr Reinhard Neck, Tel. +43(0)463/2700-4121, email@example.com">Reinhard.Neck@aau.at or
Prof Dr Barbara Kaltenbacher, Tel. +43(0)463/2700-3120, firstname.lastname@example.org">Barbara.Kaltenbacher@aau.at.
Short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview. Travel and accommodation costs incurred during the application procedure cannot be reimbursed.