The address could not be found.
The research group of Nicolas Gillis at the University of Mons (Belgium) is seeking highly qualified candidates for one doctoral and one postdoctoral position funded by the ERC (European Research Council).
The project focuses on the theory, algorithms and applications of low-dimensional representations of high-dimensional data based on low-rank matrix approximations; see https://sites.google.com/site/nicolasgillis/coloramap/overview for a description of the project and the objectives. The successful candidates will have the flexibility to choose a topic within the range of this project.
Your profile is a MSc/PhD in applied mathematics, mathematics, computer science, or a related discipline. You must have an expertise in at least one of these fields: optimization, computational complexity, numerical linear algebra, data mining and machine learning. You should have excellent programming skills in a numerical language (such as Matlab), and good communications skills, both written and oral, in English.
- A research team constituted of one professor, three postdoctoral researchers and three PhD students.
- Travel expenses for conferences, with the possibility for a short stay abroad. Computing resources (a laptop).
- A 12-month contract that can be extended (the project lasts until 2021). The starting date is flexible but should be no later than the 1st of September 2018.
To apply: applicants are requested to send a detailed CV, a list of publications (if applicable), and
- for the PhD students: a brief statement of research interests.
- for the Postdocs: a 2-page research statement explaining why the candidate is interested in working in the research topics described above and how it is connected to his/her PhD background.
This material (in pdf), together with the contact of two persons of reference that can be contacted, shall be sent to email@example.com. Don’t hesitate to contact me at the same address if you have any questions about the positions.
- Pre-selection of candidates based on their application files.
- (remote) Interview of the short-listed candidates.
The positions remain open until they are filled.