Data Scientists – BCG Gamma
(Munich, Berlin, Frankfurt, Paris, London, Warsaw, Stockholm)
The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world's leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises. Founded in 1963, BCG is a private company with 85 offices in 48 countries.
The BCG Gamma team creates competitive advantages for organizations by unleashing the power of signals hidden deep within large and complex data sets. We conceptualize, build, and deploy advanced analytics solutions that can transform the trajectories of organizations in 12 to 24 months. The data scientists/consultants on the BCG Gamma team identify transformational opportunities in areas ranging from marketing, risk assessment, and customer service to manufacturing, supply chain management, scenario simulation, and competitive intelligence.
Find out more about us at: https://www.bcg.com/beyond-consulting/bcg-gamma/default.aspx
Education & Experience
- Master's or Advanced degree with excellent academic achievements in a field linked to computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, machine learning, or related data centric areas
- Relevant internships or up to 6 years of post-college industry or consulting experience
- Experience in core analytics methods (e.g. Machine Learning, Optimization, Deep Learning, etc.)
- Deep technical and data science expertise, strong passion for data science topics
- Excellent analytical skills and strategic thinking, creative problem solver
- Strong interpersonal credibility, reliability, and service mentality, high ethical standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Please note that local language requirements apply
- Experience in core analytics methods (e.g. Machine Learning/Deep Learning, Optimization/Operational Research, Geoanalytics, Predictive Modeling, Autonomous Agents, Network Analysis, etc…)
- Familiarity with a broad base of analytics tools (Data management ; Analytics platforms / Programming – e.g. R, python ; Data Visualization, etc…)
- Experience in applied analytics for business problem solving/experience building analytical solutions
BCG is an Equal-Opportunity Employer.