The address could not be found.
The University of Applied Sciences Koblenz offers higher education and research in the areas of mathematics, economics, technology and engineering as well as the social sciences and the arts. Our 9600 students are taught by 170 professors and more than 400 staff members at the three campuses in Koblenz, Remagen and Höhr-Grenzhausen.
The Faculty of Mathematics and Technology at the RheinAhrCampus in Remagen is currently inviting applications – subject to the formal funding approval - for the position of
Postdoc in Computational Biology and Systems Biology
Pay group E13 TV-L/ 100%
in the Research Group of Professor Dr. MaikKschischo. The post will be funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG) for a fixed-term period of 36 months within the Research Unit FOR 2800 “Chromosomal Instability: Cross-talk of DNA replication stress and mitotic dysfunction“. We are looking for excellent candidates with a background or strong interest in network or systems biology, statistics and machine learning, and/or cancer genomics. The goal is to develop new statistical and machine learning methods and algorithms to better understand complex and high dimensional data and to contribute statistical and computational modelling toward a biological understanding of chromosomal instability and replication stress in cancer and other diseases.
What do we have to offer?
· Excellent research opportunities
· Co-operation with leading German and international teams
· Support and supervision of your postdoc project
· The opportunity to gain a strong research track record in biomedical data science and systems biology
What do we expect from you?
· A PhD in bioinformatics, statistics, mathematics, physics or computer science
· Strong mathematical and statistical skills
· Basic biological knowledge and willingness to learn new biology
· Experience with at least one programming language (e.g. R, Python or C)
· Creativity, independent thinking and passion for research
· Good English language skills
The University of Applied Sciences Koblenz strives for equal opportunities and supports the combination of job and family. Applications from women are strongly encouraged. Disabled applicants with equal qualifications and skills are preferred.
We are looking forward to receiving your detailed application to be sent in one pdf file to Professor Maik Kschischo (email@example.com) by October 31 2018. Please use the subject “FOR-2800-Postdoc” in your email.