Department of Mathematics of the University of Zagreb invites applications for one Ph.D. position on the project "Control of Dynamical Systems", a research project funded by the Croatian Science Foundation. More details about the project can be found on its web page http://condys.unidu.hr/.
The candidate would work in one the the following three areas of research, depending on the interest and the applicant's background:
- Control of parameter dependent problems
- Control of vibrational systems
- The cost of controlling hyperbolic partial differential equations in a multiscale setting
The candidate is required to have a master degree (or equivalent) in mathematics. Preferably, the candidate should be familiar with basics of functional analysis and PDEs or with linear algebra and numerical analysis.
Knowledge of English is mandatory.
In order to apply, applicants need to submit the following information:
- Evidence of academic qualifications.
- Record of their university course work.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Evidence of accepted English language proficiency for applicants whose first language is not English.
- PDF file of their master thesis.
- A brief statement describing how their research interests and competences relate to the open position.
Interested candidates are invited to send their application in a single PDF file directly to email@example.com.