Applications are invited within the areas listed below. For further details, please contact the corresponding advisor. Applications in other areas may also be considered; inquiries may be directed to the head of the Ph.D. program, Tilman Bauer.
Algebraic combinatorics (advisor: Karim Adiprasito, email@example.com )
The Ph.D. student positions primarily involve graduate level studies with the goal of a doctoral degree. Also some departmental duties are included, mainly teaching basic level courses. General information on doctoral studies at KTH can be found at http://www.kth.se/en/studies/phd, information about the graduate program in mathematics can be found at https://www.kth.se/en/sci/institutioner/math/utb/doktorsprogram. The employment is for a maximum of five years. Up to 20% departmental duties are included in the employment.
A detailed job description can be found at https://www.kth.se/en/om/work-at-kth/lediga-jobb/what:job/jobID:238815/where:4/
To be admitted to postgraduate education (Chapter 7, 39 § Swedish Higher Education Ordinance), the applicant must have basic eligibility in accordance with either of the following:
- passed a degree at advanced level,
- completed course requirements of at least 240 higher education credits, of which at least 60 higher education credits at advanced level, or
- in any other way acquired within or outside the country acquired essentially equivalent knowledge.
A Master's thesis (or equivalent), preferably in mathematics, is required and must be completed before employment. In addition to traditional academic merits, a degree project or master's thesis relevant for the specialization, international experience, and language skills are regarded as merits.
Applicants must be strongly motivated for doctoral studies, possess the ability to work independently and perform critical analysis, and possess good levels of cooperative and communicative abilities.
Apply for the position and admission through KTH's recruitment system. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the application is complete in accordance with the instructions in the advertisement.
Applications must be received at the last closing date at midnight, CET/CEST (Central European Time/entral European Summer Time).
Applications must include the following elements:
- CV including your relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Application letter with a brief description of why you want to pursue research studies, about what your academic interests are and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. (Maximum 2 pages long)
- Copy of the degree certificate(s) and transcripts of records from your previously attended university-level institutions. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents are not issued in one of these languages.
- Representative publications or technical reports. For longer documents, please provide a summary (abstract) and a web link to the full text.
- The applicant should also arrange for at least two letters of reference to be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org