The European Research Council (ERC) Advanced Grant “DyCon – DynamicControl”, coordinated by Enrique Zuazua, aims to develop a multifold research agenda in the broad area of Control of Partial Differential Equations (PDE) and their numerical approximation methods to contribute with new key theoretical methods and results and computational software.
The Chair of Computational Mathematics led by Enrique Zuazua (Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain - DeustoTech Research Center, Bilbao, Basque Country, Spain) offers a postdoctoral position to carry out mathematical and computational research, with excellent facilities within a world-wide academic and industrial-technological network. The duration of the contract is of 12 months, with a possible extension to one more year. This position is funded by the European Research Council (ERC) Advanced Grant “DYCON – Dynamic Control”. Research activities will be focused in some of the priority lines of the project, that will be identified accordingly to the candidate's profile. This project identifies six key topics:
- Control of parameter dependent problems
- Long finite time horizon control
- Control under constraints
- Inverse design of time-irreversible models
- Memory models and hybrid PDE/ODE models
- The links between finite and infinite-dimensional dynamical systems and gathering all contributions develops a Computational Software platform
Mathematics - Computational mathematics – Control theory – Scientific Computing
Starting date is September, 2019 or earlier, if possible. The annual gross salary will be 29.500,00 € and local tax regulations will be applied on this amount. The contract includes Spanish Social Security and healthcare public plans.
- Required Education Level:
- Mathematics: PhD or equivalent.
- Computer Science: Bachelor Degree or equivalent.
- PhD Thesis in Mathematics, Physics, Informatics, Engineering or closely related areas, with emphasis on Partial Differential Equations, Control theory, Numerical Analysis and/or Scientific Computing
- Able to work in a highly motivated environment
- Strong team working & communication skills
- Good written English skills
- Driven, independent personality
For more information please visit the DyCon webpage (http://cmc.deusto.es/dycon/), and those of the Department of Mathematics (http://verso.mat.uam.es/web/index.php/es/) and UAM (https://www.uam.es/ss/Satellite/en/home.htmread). You can also contact Prof. Enrique Zuazua (email@example.com) for additional information.
Applicants should directly write to the Principal Investigator (PI) of DyCon, Professor Enrique Zuazua, to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org including the following documents in PDF format:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Brief research proposal aligned with DyCon objectives
- Contact Information for two or three references
- Complementary material
- First call ends the 14th March 2019. UAM-Madrid reserves the right for justified reasons to leave the position vacant, to extend the application period and to consider candidates who have not submitted applications during the application period.