The group of Alexander-von-Humboldt Professor Andreas S. Schulz at Technische Universität München (TUM) is seeking exceptional, highly motivated talents with expertise or interest in algorithms, algorithmic game theory, combinatorial optimization, graph theory, integer programming, machine learning, network flows, operations research, stochastic optimization, or a related subject.
TUM is ranked among the best universities in the world. Its highly renowned math, computer science and economics departments provide an excellent environment for both junior and more established researchers. Our group has an international focus and maintains strong collaborations with leading scientists worldwide.
· Opportunity to work towards your Ph.D. or for postdoctoral research;
· Competitive compensation and a flexible starting date;
· Funds for conference travel, extended stays abroad, visitor programs, and other academic activities;
· A beautiful workplace in a city very close to the Alps, rich in culture, and with ample opportunities for leisurely activities.
· Excellent grades and a degree in mathematics, theoretical computer science, operations research, or a related field;
· Adequate research experience;
· Interest in supporting the group’s teaching and educational responsibilities.
Application / Contact
TUM is an equal opportunity employer. Women are particularly encouraged to apply. For candidates with equal qualification, preference will be given to applicants with disabilities.
Applications should include:
· Detailed CV;
· Brief statement of research interests and career aspirations;
· Names and contact details of at least three references.
Please send your application to Mrs. Anne Diehl, preferably via email (email@example.com) as a single pdf file. Applications received by April 23, 2019 will be given full consideration. Late applications may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Technical University of Munich
Chair of Operations Research
Note: As you submit personal data when applying for a position at Technische Universität München (TUM), we would like to draw your attention to our data protection information according to Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union (GDPR) (http://go.tum.de/554159). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have read the data protection information of TUM.