The Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences (MPI MiS) is a research institute of the Max Planck Society – Germany's most successful research organization – with the mission to exploit the fruitful interaction between mathematics and the sciences. We not only apply existing mathematical methods and techniques to the sciences, but also transmit the conceptual and structural approach of mathematics into new areas of research, and, vice versa, translate scientific questions and problems into mathematical challenges. MPI MiS seeks a
Science Content Manager
for a full-time employment (39 hours/week) of initially 4 years.
Our mission relies on an interdisciplinary approach to mathematical and scientific questions and we attack these questions by means of scientific exchange, collaboration, and cooperation with researchers worldwide. We are looking for a dynamic communicator of science who stays in touch with the different scientific communities and fosters the dialogue between the disciplines. The Science Content Manager will report to the Scientific Coordinator and will closely cooperate with the Public Relations Officer of the institute.
- Following, shaping, and participating in the scientific dialogue at the institute
- Target specific communication to scientists of disciplines related to mathematics
- Development of scientific content for different outreach activities
- Definition of the needs for the website of the institute from a scientist’s perspective
- Development and implementation of a concept for the relaunch of the website – moderation of the relaunch process.
- Independent and pro-active preparation and implementation of content for public relations in multimedia platforms; support in film, video, photo, flyer and booklet production
- Cooperation in the management of the public and scientific communication at the national and international level (media, press, societies, foundations, academies, scientific events, conferences, seminars, retreats …)
- PhD in a mathematical discipline
- Experience as science communicator (e.g. as science blogger) or with Content Management Systems (e.g. Typo3) is considered as an advantage
- An indispensable requirement for the candidate is to speak and write excellent English and German
- High degree of competence for social media platforms
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm to work in a highly competitive, dynamic, stimulating and interacting international scientific environment focusing on basic research
- Openness and interest in learning new tasks, ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines
- According to the training, qualifications and professional experience, the remuneration is EG 13 TVöD-Bund. The benefits correspond to the regulations of the public service.
- Chance to participate in interdisciplinary research jointly with mathematical scientists.
- The position is available at the earliest possible date.
The Max-Planck society strives for gender diversity. We welcome applications from all backgrounds. The Max-Planck society is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.
Please send your full application (including the usual documents) via email to application (at) http://mis.mpg.de