(40 hours a week; fixed-term employment for the period of 6 years; position to be filled as of October 1st 2019)
- Research in the field of applied mathematics, with focus on analytical and numerical problem settings in the context of inverse problems and mathematical imaging, in particular in connection with concrete applications in nanosciences
- Collaboration in interdisciplinary cooperation projects, in particular in the “NanoSciences” initiative of the University of Graz (together with physics, chemistry, pharmacy, engineering) and establishment of further cooperation in this area
- Independent teaching of courses in the field of applied mathematics, supervision of students and holding of exams
- Participation in organizational and administrative matters
- Doctoral degree in a mathematical branch of study
- Solid knowledge in analytical and numerical methods in the context of variational methods in applied mathematics
- Very good programming knowledge (e.g. in Python, C++)
- Solid knowledge in the fields of inverse problems and mathematical imaging (desirable)
- Experience with cooperation beyond the field of mathematics (desirable)
- Ability to teach in english language and to teach in german within 12 month
- Ability for integration into interdisciplinary cooperation projects, in particular with partners from nanosciences
- Capacity for teamwork, organizational talent and ability to communicate
Salary scheme of the Universitäten-KV (University Collective Agreement): B1
The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is EUR 3803.90 gross/month. This minimum salary may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations.
We offer you a job with a lot of responsibility and variety. You can expect an enjoyable work climate, flexible work hours and numerous possibilities for further education and personal development. Take advantage of the chance to enter into a challenging work environment full of team spirit and enthusiasm for your job.
Application Deadline: September 18th 2019
Reference Number: MB/175/99 ex 2018/19
The University of Graz strives to increase the proportion of women in particular in management and faculty positions and therefore encourages qualified women to apply.
Especially with regard to academic staff, we welcome applications from persons with disabilities who meet the requirements of the advertised position.
If you are interested, please submit your application documents before the stated deadline to: