The Chair for Applied Mathematics (Continuous Optimization) - a team with background in mathematics and computational engineering - is active in the field of modeling, simulation and optimization. We have several open
from the beginning of 2020 for students from (applied) mathematics and computational engineering. Potential candidates should be interested and experienced in one or several of the following topics:
- innovative algorithms for material, shape and topology optimization,
- modeling, simulation and optimization of additive manufacturing processes,
- large scale numerical optimization,
- mathematical modeling, numerical analysis and optimization of processes described by balance equations.
The research projects are carried out in collaboration with partners from chemical engineering, material science and applied mechanics as well as partners from aerospace industry.
If you have further questions, you may contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the research group visit: https://en.www.math.fau.de/continuous-optimization/
Applications should be submitted via e-mail as a single pdf file to Prof. Michael Stingl (email@example.com) and must include:
- informative and concise letter of motivation
- short CV
- master degree including academic transcripts
- statement of research interests
The FAU is a member of “The Family in Higher Education Institutions” best practice club and aims to increase the number of women in scientific positions. Female candidates are therefore particularly encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualifications, candidates with disabilities will take precedence.