The Division of Science at New York University Abu Dhabi is inviting applications for several Postdoctoral Associate positions in the broad research areas of mathematical analysis and partial differential equations (PDEs). While all applicants with a background in the analysis of PDEs will be considered, candidates with prior experience in fluid mechanics, kinetic theory, dispersive equations or harmonic analysis will be given special attention.
The Postdoctoral Associates will be appointed for a duration of two years and will work under the supervision of Associate Professor Diogo Arsénio on subjects including:
- Magnetohydrodynamics and the mathematical theory of plasmas.
- Collisional kinetic models and their hydrodynamic limits.
- Dispersive phenomena in kinetic theory.
Applicants must hold a PhD degree in mathematics, physics or a related field. We seek candidates with an outstanding academic record.
The terms of employment are generous and internationally competitive, and they include housing subsidies, as well as educational support for families.
NYUAD is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity, and social inclusion.
This position is not in the United States. The applicant must be willing to relocate to Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
About NYUAD: NYU Abu Dhabi is a degree-granting research university with a fully integrated liberal arts and science undergraduate program in the Arts, Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Engineering. NYU Abu Dhabi, NYU New York, and NYU Shanghai, form the backbone of NYU’s global network university, an interconnected network of portal campuses and academic centers across six continents that enable seamless international mobility of students and faculty in their pursuit of academic and scholarly activity. This global university represents a transformative shift in higher education, one in which the intellectual and creative endeavors of academia are shaped and examined through an international and multicultural perspective. As a major intellectual hub at the crossroads of the Arab world, NYUAD serves as a center for scholarly thought, advanced research, knowledge creation, and sharing, through its academic research and creative activities.
Prospective candidates for the position must submit the following items online through the link https://apply.interfolio.com/74065 in PDF format:
- Cover letter.
- Curriculum vitae including a list of publications.
- Transcript of PhD degree or, in case the degree has not yet been formally awarded, evidence of completion of the degree requirements and expected conferral date.
- A short research statement detailing the applicant’s scientific interests, accomplishments and future research strategies.
- Three letters of recommendation to be sent confidentially (applicants will be prompted to enter the referee’s e-mails).
The screening and assessment of applications will begin on March 1st and will continue until positions are successfully filled. Further questions may be directed to email@example.com.