The Faculty of Mathematics has the following job opening:
ID: Wiss20507 - Start: 01.12.2020 - Fulltime - Temporary - Salary according to Remuneration level 13 TV-L
The IRTG is a joint research program established by the Faculty of Mathematics at Bielefeld University, Germany, and the Department of Mathematical Sciences at Seoul National University, South Korea. In a truly international and competitive environment, doctoral students study singular and random systems.
The IRTG concentrates on advanced techniques from the mathematical field of analysis including geometric, stochastic and numerical analysis together with latest developments in neighboring fields such as mathematical physics and probability theory. The focus is on the mathematical analysis of problems which generically exhibit singular features or randomness. The topics include stochastic dynamics, stochastic partial differential equations, machine learning, nonlinear wave equations, integrodifferential equations, random matrices, generalized Dirichlet forms, analysis on manifolds and fractal metric spaces.
For detailed information please consult: https://irtg.math.uni-bielefeld.de/
- research in the area of analysis, in particular nonlinear and nonlocal operators (90 %)
- giving advise to doctoral students in the IRTG, in particular with regard to the German-Korean exchange program (10 %)
The employment is designed to encourage further academic qualification.
- university degree (e. g. Master or Diploma) in Mathematics
- doctoral degree in a relevant field of research
- knowledge of the Korean research system and the Seoul National University
- basic knowledge of the Korean language (written and oral)
- independent, self-directed and dedicated style of work
- teamwork and communication abilities
- Salary according to Remuneration level 13 TV-L
- temporary until 31.03.2022 (§ 2 (1) sentence 2 of the WissZeitVG; in accordance with the provisions of the WissZeitVG and the Agreement on Satisfactory Conditions of Employment, the length of contract may differ in individual cases)
- internal and external training opportunities
- amount of health, consulting and prevention services
- reconcilability of family and working life
- job ticket for regional public transport network
We are looking forward to receiving your application. For full consideration, your application should be received via either post (see postal address) or email (a single PDF document is required) sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mark your application with the identification code: Wiss20507. Please note that the possibility of privacy breaches and unauthorized access by third parties cannot be excluded when communicating via unencrypted e-mail. For Information on the processing of personal data click here.
Dr. Claudia Köhler
(+49) 521 106 - 4767
Fakultät für Mathematik
Dr. Claudia Köhler
Postfach 10 01 31