The University of Klagenfurt, with approximately 1,500 employees and over 12,000 students, is located in the Alps-Adriatic region and consistently achieves excellent placements in rankings. The motto “per aspera ad astra” underscores our firm commitment to the pursuit of excellence in all activities in research, teaching and university management. The principles of equality, diversity, health, sustainability and compatibility of work and family life serve as the foundation for our work at the university.
The University of Klagenfurt is pleased to announce the following open position at the Faculty of Economics, Department of Economics, Chair of Prof. Martin Wagner, https://www.aau.at/en/economics/team/univ-prof-dipl-ing-dr-techn-martin-wagner/, with an expected starting date of March 1, 2021 (negotiable).
PostDoc-Assistant (d/f/m), non-tenure track
The Department of Economics aims to create a research-affine environment that young researchers find beneficial and conducive for their research and development. We have close contacts to the European System of Central Banks, especially the Bank of Slovenia, as well as to economic research institutes. University
Level of employment: 100 %
Minimum salary: € 54,453 per annum (gross)
Limited to: 6 years
Application deadline: 27 January 2021
Reference code: 738/20
Tasks and responsibilities:
- independent research (with synergies with the main research fields of the chair); completion of a “habilitation” is encouraged;
- contribution to departmental research and teaching projects;
- acquisition and realization of third-party funded projects; independently or in cooperation with other members of the chair;
- independent teaching and supervision of students;
- adequate participation in the administrative tasks and responsibilities of the department.
Prerequisites for the appointment:
- completed doctoral studies with above-average grades in (mathematical) economics, mathematics, statistics, econometrics, physics, industrial engineering or related subjects with a mathematical focus at a domestic or foreign higher education institution;
- excellent knowledge in data analysis, econometrics and/or statistics; very good software and programming skills, e.g. MATLAB, R or similar.
Desired additional qualifications:
- pronounced interest in quantitative economics;
- distinctive interest in developing methods and models;
- demonstrated ability to deliver independent scientific work at a high level (e.g. peer-reviewed publications);
- overlap of interests with the research areas of the chair;
- experience with projects; ability and willingness to play an active role in third-party funded projects and their acquisition;
- didactic skills and affinity to innovative teaching with regard to contents and methods;
- high ambitions for yourself and the work environment, strong performance orientation, team spirit, communication, planning and organizational skills;
- willingness to actively participate in research, teaching and administration;
- written and oral communication skills, especially proficiency in English as required for international publications.
The employment contract is concluded for the position as a post-doctoral researcher and stipulates a starting salary of € 3,889.50 gross per month (14 times a year; previous experience deemed relevant to the job can be recognised).
The University of Klagenfurt also offers:
· personal and professional advanced training courses, management and career coaching;
· numerous attractive additional benefits, see also www.aau.at/en/jobs/information;
· diversity- and family-friendly university culture;
· the opportunity to live and work in the attractive Alps-Adriatic region with a wide range of leisure activities in the spheres of culture, nature and sports.
If you are interested in this position, please apply in German or English providing the usual documents:
· letter of application;
· curriculum vitae including publication and lecture lists as well as details and an explanation of research and teaching activities (please do not include a photo).
· proof of all completed higher education programmes (certificates, supplements, if applicable, content of the master thesis);
· outline of the content of the doctoral programme (listing academic achievements, intermediate examinations, etc.) as well as the content of the thesis (summary, any expert reviews);
· other documentary evidence that may be relevant to this vacancy (see prerequisites and desired qualifications);
· letter(s) of recommendation.
The position is offered without the option of negotiating a qualification agreement.
To apply, please select the position with the reference code 738/20 in the category “Scientific Staff” using the link “Apply for this position” in the job portal at jobs.aau.at/en/
Candidates must furnish proof that they meet the required qualifications by 27 January 2021 at the latest.
For further information on this specific vacancy, please contact Martin Wagner (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Christina Kopetzky (email@example.com). General information about the university as an employer can be found at www.aau.at/en/jobs/information. At the University of Klagenfurt, recruitment and staff matters are accompanied not only by the authority responsible for the recruitment procedure but also by the Equal Opportunities Working Group and, if necessary, by the Representative for Disabled Persons.
The University of Klagenfurt aims to increase the proportion of women and therefore specifically invites qualified women to apply for the position. Where the qualification is equivalent, women will be given preferential consideration.
People with disabilities or chronic diseases, who fulfil the requirements, are particularly encouraged to apply.
Travel and accommodation costs incurred during the application process will not be refunded.
Translations into other languages shall serve informational purposes only. Solely the version advertised in the University Bulletin (Mitteilungsblatt) dated 2 December 2020 shall be legally binding.