The Professorship for Mathematics with a focus on Geometry and Topology, Institute of Mathematics, Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, Physics, Geography, invites applications for a full-time position as a
for the duration of 18 months. The position is available as of now. The position is assigned to the project „Geometric invariants of discrete and locally compact groups“ within the DFG priority programme „Geometry at infinity“. The salary of the position is determined by payment group E 13 according to the collective labor agreement of the State of Hesse (TV-H).
The preparation of a research proposal for subsequent funding through DFG, Humboldt foundation or any other funding agency by the successfull applicant during the advertised 18-month position is strongly encouraged and will be actively supported.
- Investigating topological/cohomological finiteness properties of discrete and locally compact solvable groups arising from algebraic groups
- Constructing natural spaces for these groups to act on
- Contribution to the research project
- Participation in activities of the Geometry/Algebra group
- A completed academic university degree and A PhD in mathematics
- Experience in geometric group theory, preferably on some of the following topics: locally compact groups and lattices, group/Lie algebra cohomology, Bruhat-Tits theory, solvable groups
- Very good knlowledge of one of the languages English, German, French
For further details, please contact Prof. Dr. Stefan Witzel email@example.com.
The Justus Liebig University Giessen (JLU) aims to employ more women in academic research. We therefore particularly encourage female candidates to apply. JLU sees itself as a family-friendly university. Applicants with children are very welcome.
Please send your application (CV, transcripts or degree certificates, brief statement of research, contact details of two references) stating the application number 243/07 until June 15th, 2021 to Prof. Dr. Stefan Witzel, Mathematisches Institut, Arndtstrasse 2, 35392 Giessen, Germany or by e-mail as a single pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications from disabled people of equal aptitude will be given preference. Please only submit copies of your application documents without document files or folders, as they cannot be returned after the application procedure is completed.