Applications are invited for an EPSRC funded Research Associate position in the Department of Mathematics at Imperial College London to work in the area of Multi-Scale Stochastic Dynamics with Fractional Noise. The position is funded through a grant held by Professor Xue-Mei Li and the post holder will work directly with Professor Li and her group. Location: London, Salary: £40,858 to £44,434 per annum/ The position is full-time and fixed term for 36 months and will be based at South Kensington Campus. The expected start date is 1 October 2021 or soon thereafter.
The essential requirements for this post are as follows:
- Research Associate: A PhD in Mathematics or equivalent level of professional qualification
- Research Assistant: Near completion of a PhD in Mathematics or equivalent level of professional qualification
- Strong background in probability.
- Strong background in analysis
- Experience in stochastic differential equations and Gaussian processes. Knowledge in rough paths and rough differential equations are desirable.
- Clear evidence of outstanding promise and originality in research, with a good publication record, commensurate with career stage
- The ability to identify, develop and apply new concepts, techniques and methods
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to write clearly and succinctly for publication.
- Excellent verbal communication skills including the ability to deal with a wide range of people, and to communicate complex information clearly
- The ability to work and communicate effectively as part of a team.
Application detail at: