The Institute of Mathematics and Scientific Computing is looking for a
(Senior) Scientist (m/f/d)
40 hours a week
expected employment for the period of 6 years with an objective agreement
position to be filled as of now
Career objective: Permanent employment as Senior Scientist.
- Support in the development and maintenance of mathematical and interdisciplinary research software
- Administration of existing computer infrastructure, scientific software and programming environments as well as advice on their use
- Mathematical analysis and optimization of algorithms with respect to complexity, data transfer and parallelization
- Independent teaching in applied mathematics, e.g., in the field of data science
- Participation in organizational, administrative and data management tasks
- Doctoral degree in a mathematical field of study
- Knowledge in the mathematical foundations of numerical algorithms
- Very good practical programming skills in C++ or Python
- Knowledge in modern programming languages, parallelization as well as the development of software packages, graphical user interfaces, web applications and interfaces to commercial software (desirable)
- Competencies in a related field of study in the natural sciences or in computer science (desirable)
- Ability to integrate into the institute’s research and application profile, and to establish connections to interdisciplinary cooperation partners as well as the IDea_Lab
- Very good English language skills, ability to communicate in German language
- Ability to work in a team, to organize and to communicate
Salary scheme of the Universitäten-KV (University Collective Agreement): B1
The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is EUR 3.945,90
gross/month (for full-time employment). This minimum salary may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible
for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations.
We offer you a job with a lot of responsibility and variety. You can expect an enjoyable work climate, flexible work hours
and numerous possibilities for further education and personal development. Take advantage of the chance to enter into a
challenging work environment full of team spirit and enthusiasm for your job.
Application deadline: 08.12.2021
The University of Graz strives to increase the proportion of women in particular in management and faculty positions and
therefore encourages qualified women to apply.
Especially with regard to academic staff, we welcome applications from persons with disabilities who meet the
requirements of the advertised position.
Applicants with proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be given preference if equally qualified. For further information, please
refer to our general application regulations .
For further information or questions, please contact: