The Applied Mathematics research group within the newly established Mathematical Institute for Machine Learning and Data Science (MIDS) at the KU Eichstätt-Ingolstadt invites applications for a fulltime position (100%) at the next possible date for a
Postdoctoral Researcher or an Akademischer Rat auf Zeit (m/f/d)
in Applied Mathematics
with an initial contract duration of 3 years with a possible extension for another 3 years. The place of work shall be Ingolstadt. Provided that the requirements are met, remuneration will be according to pay grade E13 TV-L, if applicable A13. Under certain conditions, the position may also be shared by two part-time employees.
The successful candidate pursues independent research at the interface of analysis, modeling, and simulation. Subfields of particular interest include mathematical or geophysical fluid dynamics, multiscale methods, data-driven algorithms and/or optimization. The possibility of habilitation is given and is expressly desired.
- Independent mathematical research and publications
- Light teaching duties within the teaching portfolio of the mathematics department (equivalent to 5 hours per week during the teaching period)
- Acquisition of third-party funding
- Participation in the research activities of the group
- Contribution to larger structured funding proposals
- Excellent PhD degree in one of the listed areas of applied mathematics
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to structure and pursue a successful research agenda
- Flexibility and willingness to travel
- German language skills are not required, but candidates are encouraged to develop those during their employment at the KU
- Participation in the development of the newly founded Mathematical Institute for Machine Learning and Data Science (MIDS)
- Team-oriented and well-equipped work environment in central Ingolstadt
- Possibility to pursue own research
- Opportunity and support for career development
Please send your application with the usual supporting documents by e-mail to Prof. Dr. Marcel Oliver (firstname.lastname@example.org) by April 24, 2022 (please combine all documents in one PDF file). Your documents should include cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of transcripts and degree certificates and at least one letter of recommendation. Applicants’ documents will be deleted after completion of the recruitment process in compliance with data protection regulations.
All employees are obliged to acknowledge the nature and mission of the KU as stipulated in its Mission Statement and Foundation Charter. The University is therefore interested in receiving applications with relevant information in this regard.
The KU is committed to promoting equal opportunities for men and women, and aims to ensure that its members are able to balance work and family life. Candidates with severe disabilities who are equally suitable to other applicants will be prioritized.