As an accredited university institute under Swiss federal law, UniDistance Suisse has been offering part-time distance learning courses for 30 years. The bachelor and master degree programmes and the range of further education in the five faculties of Law, Economics, History, Mathematics and Computer Science, as well as Psychology, are recognised in Switzerland and internationally.
More than 2,300 students are currently studying in German, French or English. Our students are usually people who want to combine study and work or family commitments. UniDistance Suisse employs over 400 people, around 350 of whom work in teaching and research.
UniDistance Suisse adheres to the highest quality requirements, not only in university teaching, but above all in research. The number of professors is currently being expanded in all faculties.
In the frame of this expansion, the following positions are to be:
Two professorships in Mathematics 100% (open rank)
The positions will be in the new Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science and shall extend existing expertise. Applications in the areas of (applied) analysis, algebra, stochastics, topology, number theory, or mathematical methods of machine learning are particularly welcome.However, the call is open to all areas of mathematics. Scientific and didactic excellence and fit to UniDistance Suisse have the highest priority.
Place of work: Brig
Start of work: February 2023 or by agreement
- Research in a modern field of mathematics
- Acquisition of competitive research funds
- Research cooperation with external partners, both university and non-university
- Teaching (in English) in the Bachelor's and Master's programme
- Participation in academic self-administration
- Supporting the further development of the degree programs
- Active participation in the further development of the institution
- High-level research in mathematics
- Habilitation or habilitation-equivalent achievements
- Outstanding national and international visibility
- Experience in obtaining competitive research funding
- Teaching experience on university level; experience in blended learning is an asset
- Interest in external and interdisciplinary research cooperation
- Proficiency in English; good knowledge of German and French is expected
- Innovative forms of teaching in the field of e-learning
- Comprehensive training and support in online-teaching
- Cooperation in a motivated team
- Modern and dynamic working environment
- Attractive employment conditions
- Opportunities to participate in the development of the institution
- High-level research environment
We look forward to receiving your application by 31 August 2022 at the latest, via e-mail to Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application must include letter of motivation, CV, research plan (max. 2 pages), teaching statement (max. 2 pages), two recommendations
For further information, please contact Prof. Dr. Rolf Krause, head of the bachelor’s programme in mathematics and dean of the faculty: email@example.com