The Institute of Science and Technology Austria (ISTA) invites applications in all areas of mathematics for several open positions.
- A highly international and interdisciplinary research environment with English as working language on campus
- Substantial start-up package and attractive salary
- Guaranteed annual base funding including funding for PhD students and postdocs
- An international Graduate School with high admissions criteria and a rigorous training program
- Support for acquiring third-party funds
- Light teaching load, entirely at the level of graduate students
- Leadership program
- Employee Assistance program
- Dual Career support packages
- Child-care facilities on campus (for children aged 3 months till school age)
ISTA (www.ista.ac.at) is an international institute dedicated to basic research and graduate education in the natural, mathematical, and computational sciences. The Institute fosters an interactive, collegial, and supportive atmosphere, sharing space and resources between research groups whenever possible, and facilitating cross-disciplinary collaborations. Our PhD program involves a multi-disciplinary course schedule and rotations in research groups, and we hire scholars from diverse international backgrounds. The campus of ISTA is located close to Vienna, one of the most livable cities in the world.
Assistant professors receive independent group leader positions with an initial contract of six years, at the end of which they are reviewed by international peers. If the evaluation is positive, an assistant professor is promoted to a tenured professor.
Candidates for tenured positions are distinguished scientists in their respective research fields and typically have at least six years of experience in leading a research group.
ISTA values diversity and is committed to equal opportunities. We strive to increase the number of women, particularly in fields where they are underrepresented, and therefore we strongly encourage female researchers to apply.
Please apply online at: www.ista.ac.at/jobs/faculty/
The closing date for applications is October 27, 2022.