University Assistant with doctorate (m/f/d)
- Research in the field of applied mathematics with emphasis on the analysis and the numerics of problems in mathematical image processing, inverse problems and data sciences
- Collaboration in interdisciplinary cooperation projects and third-party funded projects
- Independent teaching of courses in the field of applied mathematics, supervision of students and holding of examinations
- Participation in organizational and administrative matters
- Doctoral degree in a mathematical branch of study
- Solid knowledge of one of the following fields: mathematical methods in image processing, inverse problems, numerical algorithms for imaging and inverse problems
- Knowledge in one or more of the following fields: functional analysis, continuous mathematical optimization, regularization theory, parameter identification with partial differential equations, geometric measure theory, mathematical data science (desirable)
- Ability for integration into the institute’s research profile and in particular into interdisciplinary cooperation projects
- Ability to teach in german language
- Capacity for teamwork, organizational talent and ability to communicate
The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is EUR 4.061,50 gross/month (for full-time employment). This minimum salary may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations.
We offer you a job with a lot of responsibility and variety. You can expect an enjoyable work climate, flexible work hours and numerous possibilities for further education and personal development. Take advantage of the chance to enter into a challenging work environment full of team spirit and enthusiasm for your job.
The University of Graz strives to increase the proportion of women in particular in management and faculty positions and therefore encourages qualified women to apply.
Especially with regard to academic staff, we welcome applications from persons with disabilities who meet the requirements of the advertised position.
The protection of our students and staff is very important to us! For this reason, preference is given to persons who can provide proof of a COVID-19 vaccination, assumed that they have the same professional http://qualifications.For further information, please refer to our general application regulations.
* Please note the limitations of § 109 UG (university act), especially in the case of short contract terms. For further information, please refer to our general application regulations.
Please note that in order to comply with the applicable data protection regulations, we can only accept applications via our web-based applicant tool for this vacant position.