The address could not be found.
Founded in 1964 by the late Nobel Laureate Abdus Salam and located in Trieste (Italy), the Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) seeks to accomplish its mandate by providing scientists from developing countries with the continuing education and skills that they need to enjoy long and productive careers. Within the Division of Research and Partnerships and under the direct supervision of the Head of the Mathematics Section/Senior Research Scientist, the incumbent will lead the sub-group of Research Scientists and performs and coordinates front-line research in mathematics, with expertise in dynamical systems, and may provide leadership to one of the ICTP Programmes as necessary. In particular, the incumbent will be required to:
• Identify, develop and implement innovative research projects, ensuring that the research team stays on top
of the latest scientific developments.
• Collaborate with leading research institutions worldwide to exchange scientific information and promote joint
research and scientific collaboration programmes, while providing guidance and mentoring to junior
members of the Mathematics Section working in dynamical systems, as well as to post-doctoral fellows,
associates and visitors.
• Participate in the selection of the Diploma, http://M.Sc. and Ph.D. students, teach in the Diploma programme and
supervise Diploma and possibly PhD students' thesis.
• Establish wide cooperation with scientists from developing countries, also organising ICTP meetings and
external activities in own field of research at ICTP and in developing countries.
• Provide authoritative advice to the Division Director on programme planning and implementation, also
ensuring that all high level needs, such as agreements, funding, selection procedures and coordination of
the scientific work with the scientific faculty, needed for the proper running and success of these
programmes are in place and functioning.
Candidates must use the UNESCO's online application system which is accessible through the following links:
For current UNESCO fixed-term staff members:
UNESCO Intranet > Tools > HR Apps > Careers. If you are working remotely, you should connect to Careers portal through connect.unesco.org
For all other candidates: https://careers.unesco.org