The address could not be found.
The University of Klagenfurt, with approximately 1,500 employees and over 12,000 students, is located in the Alps-Adriatic region and consistently achieves excellent placements in rankings. The motto “per aspera ad astra” underscores our firm commitment to the pursuit of excellence in all activities in research, teaching and university management. The principles of equality, diversity, health, sustainability and compatibility of work and family life serve as the foundation for our work at the university.
The University of Klagenfurt is pleased to announce the following open position at the Department of Mathematics at the Faculty of Technical Sciences with an expected starting date of December 1, 2023:
Assistant Professor (postdoc) without QA option (all genders welcome) [in German: PostDoc-Assistent:in ohne QV]
Level of employment: 100 % (40 hours/week)
Minimum salary: € 60,926.60 per annum (gross); classification according to collective agreement: B1 lit.b
Limited to: 6 years
Application deadline: September 27, 2023
Reference code: 592/23
Area of responsibility
- Independent research and further scientific qualification
- Independent delivery of courses using established and innovative methods (e.g. digital teaching)
- Participation in the research and teaching projects run by the Department of Mathematics
- Supervision of students
- Participation in organisational and administrative tasks and in quality assurance measures
- Contribution to expanding the international scientific contacts of the Department of Mathematics
- Acquisition of third-party funding
- Participation in public relations activities
- Doctoral degree in Mathematics (or equivalent) at a domestic or foreign higher education institution
- A strong background in analytic combinatorics and/or analytic and probabilistic analysis of algorithms and/or numeration systems demonstrated by relevant journal publications and talks at relevant conferences
- Didactic competence and teaching experience at higher education institutions
- Fluency in English
- Experience in the acquisition and running of third-party funded projects
- Scientific curiosity and enthusiasm for imparting knowledge
- Programming skills (e.g., Python, SageMath, Maple, Mathematica, Julia, C/C++, Java, …)
- Communication and scientific dissemination skills
- German language skills
- Gender mainstreaming and diversity management skills
Applicants are expected to be able to teach in German after at most two years.
The employment contract is concluded with an entry-level salary of € 4,351.90 gross per month (14 times per year; crediting of job-specific previous experience in accordance with the collective agreement is possible).
The University of Klagenfurt also offers:
- Personal and professional advanced training courses, management and career coaching
- Numerous attractive additional benefits, see also https://jobs.aau.at/en/the-university-as-employer/
- Diversity- and family-friendly university culture
- The opportunity to live and work in the attractive Alps-Adriatic region with a wide range of leisure activities in the spheres of culture, nature and sports
If you are interested in this position, please apply in German or English providing the usual documents:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vitae including publication and lecture lists as well as details and an explanation of research and teaching activities (please do not include a photo)
- Copies of degree certificates / confirmations
- Research statement (at most one page)
- Doctoral thesis. If the thesis is not available, candidates should provide an explanation
- A letter of reference from an experienced scientist. For confidentiality reasons, this letter must be sent directly by that scientist to email@example.com . The deadline for the receipt of the reference letter is October 1, 2023.
To apply, please select the position with the reference code 592/23 in the category “Scientific Staff” using the link “Apply for this position” in the job portal at http://jobs.aau.at/en/.
Candidates must furnish proof that they meet the required qualifications by September 27, 2023, at the latest.
For further information on this specific vacancy, please contact Univ.-Prof. Dr. Clemens Heuberger (firstname.lastname@example.org). General information about the university as an employer can be found at https://jobs.aau.at/en/the-university-as-employer/. At the University of Klagenfurt, recruitment and staff matters are accompanied not only by the authority responsible for the recruitment procedure but also by the Equal Opportunities Working Group and, if necessary, by the Representative for Disabled Persons.
The University of Klagenfurt aims to increase the proportion of women and therefore specifically invites qualified women to apply for the position. Where the qualification is equivalent, women will be given preferential consideration.
People with disabilities or chronic diseases, who fulfil the requirements, are particularly encouraged to apply.
Travel and accommodation costs incurred during the application process will not be refunded.
Translations into other languages shall serve informational purposes only. Solely the version advertised in the University Bulletin (Mitteilungsblatt) shall be legally binding.
Link to "Mitteilungsblatt": https://www.aau.at/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/Mitteilungsblatt-2022-2023-24.pdf