The Faculty of Mathematics and Technology at the RheinAhrCampus in Remagen is currently inviting applications for the position of:
Researcher / PhD student (Pay group E13 TV-L, 100%)
The post is funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG) for a fixed-term period of 36 months. The researcher will have the opportunity to work in Data Assimilation and Prediction with Model Uncertainty and will be supported in their PhD work by Professor Maik Kschischo (in collaboration with Professor Andreas Weber, University of Bonn). Predicting complex dynamical systems in Nature, Technology and Economy is often made difficult by uncertain and incomplete knowledge. The goal of your research is to develop better methods combining machine learning techniques with mathematical models to improve data driven prediction systems. These new methods will be tested for systems biology and medical problems (see www.nature.com/articles/srep20772) and can be extended to other areas of application.
What do we have to offer?
· Excellent research opportunities
· Cooperation with leading german and international teams
· Support and supervision of your PhD project
· The opportunity to gain a strong research track record in Data and Systems Science
What do we expect from you?
· A master’s level degree in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Statistics or Engineering
· Strong mathematical skills
· Experience with at least one programming language (e.g. Matlab, R, Python or C)
· Creativity, independent thinking and passion for research
· Good english language skills
The University of Applied Sciences Koblenz strives for equal opportunities and supports the combination of job and family. Applications from women are strongly encouraged. Disabled applicants with equal qualifications and skills are preferred.
We are looking forward to receiving your detailed application to be sent in one pdf file to Professor Maik Kschischo (email@example.com) by April 30 2017.