The DFG Research Training Group "Combinatorial Structures in Geometry” belonging to the Osnabrück University’s School of Mathematics/Computer Science invites applications for a
to start as soon as possible. The contract is given for 2 years.
The position is within the E 13 TV-L German public sector pay scale and is offered at a 100 % base.
The central research idea behind the Research Training Group concerns the interaction of combinatorics and geometry as well as the collaboration between researchers from different disciplines, such as algebra, analysis, optimization, stochastics and topology.
Description of responsibilities:
- Cooperation in the research activities of the Research Training Group
- Teaching duties in mathematics
- Own scientific activities to pursue a postdoctoral lecture qualification
- Candidates are required to hold a master/diploma degree in mathematics,
- An Excellent PhD in one of the mentioned areas
- The Research interest should be close to one of the research topic of the Research Training Group, especially algebra and discrete mathematics
Applications should include the relevant documents, a significant reference letter and an accompanying statement showing the scientific connections to the reseach idea of the DFG Research Training Group. Applications should be submitted via email in PDF format to the spokesman of the Research Training Group, Prof. Dr. Matthias Reitzner, email@example.com no later than 07.04.2017.