About Fielmann Ventures
Founded in August 2012, Fielmann Ventures is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fielmann AG. We seek out, develop and support products, technologies and sustainable business models for the future of the eyewear industry.
Fielmann Ventures combines the expertise and experience of the market leader with the agility of the Lean Startup method. We derive new ideas by evaluating technological innovations and market developments against their utility for our customers. With knowledge, scaling expertise and Venture Capital we support projects and execute new business ideas independently.
What we are looking for
At Fielmann Ventures, we want to shape the future of the optical industry. As a Research Engineer, you will develop innovative solutions and products in a multidisciplinary team. You will be writing code for rapid prototyping and reinforce the research team of Fielmann Ventures. The perfect applicant is an open-minded, imaginative and practical lateral thinker happy to be in uncharted waters, has experience in various programming languages and a keen interest in cutting-edge technology and software development.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Evaluate technologies regarding their impact for the eyewear sector and be up-to-date with the latest developments in various technical fields
• Conceptualize and implement software for rapid prototyping
• Construct prototypes and experiments within the research team
• Be a sparring partner in technology related discussions and beyond
• Bachelor of Science, Master of Science or PhD degree in STEM or Optometry
• Basic knowledge and experience with several languages like C++, C#, Python, F#, etc. in order to acquire quickly project-specific coding know-how
• Ability to write native applications (Android and iOS)
• Fluent German and English (spoken and written)
• General curiosity and enthusiasm, ready to deep-dive into new fields
• Above-average readiness to act on own initiative and ability to communicate your vision and results successfully across a multidisciplinary team
• Pragmatic attitude: competence in bringing concepts to live as rapid prototypes without getting lost in details
• Ability to switch between convergent analytical and divergent creative thinking
• Experience with at least one of the following: lab work, experimental optics, electrical engineering, scientific research or clinical studies
• Interest in computer vision, computer graphics and machine learning (deep learning, neural networks, etc.), experience with this is a plus
What we offer
We offer the opportunity to shape the future of the optometric industry in a small, agile team with flat hierarchies. We actively support the personal development of our employees. Our compensation is competitive.
Remuneration: depending on qualification
We are looking forward to your application.
Please send your letter of motivation, CV and references to:
Fielmann Ventures GmbH, Recruiting,
Tel.: 040 27076 3090