Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt announces the following open position in compliance with § 107 para. 1 Universities Act 2002:
PostDoc Assistant (tenure track)
at the Faculty of Technical Sciences. This is a full-time position (initial employment limited to 6 years) with the option of concluding a qualification agreement (promotion to Assistant Professor). Upon fulfilling the qualification agreement, the position progresses from Assistant to Associate Professor (permanent employment). Starting date is earliest possible.
This opening is aimed exclusively at women and is part of a package of measures to increase the proportion of women in professorships and tenure track positions at the Faculty of Technical Sciences. The successful applicant is expected to be assigned to one of the working groups of the 9 departments of the Faculty of Technical Sciences in order to ensure synergies in research and teaching. The departments cover the following fields:
· Computer Science
· Didactics of Computer Science
· Didactics of Mathematics
· Information Technology
Further information about the faculty, its departments and their working groups is available at www.aau.at/tewi.
Candidates must meet the required qualifications by April 4th 2018 at the latest.
Salary and Application
Minimum gross salary for this position is € 51,955.40 per annum (§ 27 Uni-KV B1 lit b), € 61,441.80 after promotion to Assistant Professor (§ 27 Uni-KV A2) and € 66,619.00 after promotion to Associate Professor.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Participation in the department's research and teaching tasks, including
· independent research and further development of the candidate's scientific qualification to the level required for Associate Professorship,
· graduate and undergraduate teaching, examination activities, and supervision of students,
· preparation of grant applications and management of research projects,
· publications and active participation in international conferences,
· establishing international scientific contacts, and
· participation in administration, in university committees, and in public relations activities.
· PhD in one of the above enumerated research fields
· Outstanding research achievements and scientific publications
· Potential for future scientific work
· Teaching experience (at university level) and didactic competence
· Excellent English language skills
Additional Desired Qualifications
· Pertinent international experience or practical experience
· Embedding in the international research community
· Experience in grant applications and project management
· Scientific compatibility with at least one of the faculty's research groups
· Experience with and interest in interdisciplinary projects
· Communication and presentation skills
· Leadership, organisational competence, and ability to cooperate in a team
· Experience in administration of university departments and in committee work
· German language skills
German language skills are not a formal prerequisite, but proficiency at level B2 is expected within two years.
People with disabilities or chronic diseases, who fulfill the requirements, are particularly encouraged to apply.
General information for applicants is available on www.aau.at/jobs/information.
We welcome applications in English with the usual documents including three references (addresses of persons who can be contacted by the Alpen-Adria-Universität for information) by April 4th 2018. Applications must be submitted online via www.aau.at/obf (please indicate reference code 711/17). In the cover letter, the research area should be mentioned.
For further information, please contact Assoc. Prof. Dr. Angelika Wiegele, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Travel and accommodation costs incurred during the application process will not be refunded.
Links to the job announcement:
or Mitteilungsblatt, item 79.1