The Korteweg-de Vries Institute for Mathematics (KdVI) at the University of Amsterdam (UvA) is inviting applications for a full professor in Analysis.
The research programme in Analysis at the Korteweg-de Vries Institute is subdivided into two groups: 1) pure analysis & dynamic systems, and 2) numerical analysis. For both programmes the current staff consists of one professor and two associate professors. The professor in the first programme will retire within two years. We are therefore seeking a full professor in one of the many active areas in Analysis in a broad sense. Your field of research need not to be an exact fit with the topics described above, but it is desirable that a clear connection can be made with one or more of the existing research lines within the programme, and/or with other existing programmes in the institute.
In the Netherlands many important activities in analysis are organised on a national level. We are actively involved in these national efforts, for instance through the national research cluster NDNS+, being one of the four mathematics clusters funded by the national science foundation NWO, and by means of a joint analysis seminar with the Free University Amsterdam. We also contribute to the national programme Mastermath by offering courses in analysis on the MSc and PhD level.
For more information about the position, please see our webpage:
You can apply no later than 31 March 2019 by using this link:
Please upload the following information in a single PDF file:
- a cover letter and a statement summarizing your motivation (max 1 page); refer to vacancy number19-107;
- your previous research accomplishments and your future research goals (max 2 pages);
- your teaching statement (max 2 pages);
- a curriculum vitae including a complete list of publications, and a list of your best five papers;
- a list of your grants and scholarships;
- names and contact coordinates (email and telephone numbers) of three references.
No agencies please