The KdVI statistics group covers a variety of topics in statistics. This ranges from theoretical work on the performance and design of procedures in high-dimensional, or nonparametric models, to more applied work in areas such as forensic statistics or climate science. The statistics group operates within the stochastics programme, which coordinates the Grativation Programme NETWORKS, and in which topics such as probability theory, stochastic analysis, mathematical finance and queuing theory are covered.
We are seeking a full professor in Statistics whose research connects to the emerging fields of machine learning and artificial intelligence and their application. You will actively engage in collaboration with other research groups within the faculty of science focussing on these themes. In the near future the KdVI statistics group will have one or more open positions at associate / assistant professor level that will strengthen the research focus. Your research vision will be an important aspect for the hiring process.
For more information about the position, please see our webpage:
You can apply no later than 7 May 2019 by using this link:
Please upload the following information in a single PDF file:
- a cover letter and a statement summarizing your motivation (max 1 page);
- your previous research accomplishments and your future research goals (max 2 pages);
- your teaching statement (max 2 pages);
- a curriculum vitae including a complete list of publications, and a list of your best five papers;
- a list of your grants and scholarships;
- names and contact coordinates (email and telephone numbers) of three references.
No agencies please.