The University of Passau owes its strong visibility and good repute to excellent research, innovative teaching and its tight-knit international academic networks. Some 13,000 students from 100 countries and more than 1,200 staff study and work on our University campus, which is located a stone’s throw from the historical Old Town of Passau and combines state-of-the-art technical infrastructure with award-winning architecture. Internationally successful high-tech companies and a vibrant start-up scene, coupled with a rich culture and Lower Bavarian traditions, give Passau and the surrounding area a special appeal that makes it a great place to live and work.
The Chair of Dynamical Systems, Professor Fabian Wirth, invites applications for the position of a
Graduate Research Assistant
starting as soon as possible.
This is a full-time position based on a fixed-term contract valid for a period of three years.
The group works in the general area of mathematical systems theory. Currently, the focus lies on the following topics:
• Input-to-state stability of infinite-dimensional systems
• Consensus and synchronisation
• Dynamics of switched systems
• Control-based distributed algorithms for large-scale optimisation
• Control of iterated function systems
Based on experience, the position can be filled at the postdoctoral level or by someone aiming to pursue a doctoral degree.
• A teaching load of five hours per week during the semester. Classes are to be taught in German. Responsibilities include planning, administration and class hours.
• Collaborate on research projects in Dynamical Systems, preferably focusing on the topics mentioned above.
• You will be given the opportunity to pursue your doctoral studies.
• Experience in academic teaching of mathematics is preferred.
• http://M.Sc. or doctorate in mathematics or a related subject; a focus on mathematical systems theory is desired.
• Experience conducting scientific research ideally with an initial track record of participation in German or international conferences or journal papers.
• An independent, reliable and accurate approach to work.
• Must have an analytical mind and exhibit initiative and creativity.
• Must be stress-resistant and dependable.
What we offer you
• Remuneration in accordance with pay grade E13 of the German public-sector collective agreement TV-L, salary step dependent on qualifications and experience
• A rewarding, diverse and challenging academic position on a modern, verdant campus located on the banks of the river Inn, a few minutes’ walk from the historic Old Town of Passau
• A great work climate in a family-friendly environment
The University of Passau wishes to increase the proportion of its female staff and expressly encourages women to apply for the position. Job-sharing arrangements may be possible, depending on the number of suitable candidates.
This position is suitable for candidates with disabilities, who will be given preference if their personal aptitudes and qualifications are otherwise equal.
If you have any further questions about this position, please contact Ms Sandra Paliege by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To apply, please send your full application (including school, training and work certificates) as a single pdf file to email@example.com by no later than 6 December 2019.
Applications may also be accepted at a later stage until the position is filled. Once the application process has been completed, we will retain your application on file for six months before deleting it from our computer systems.
Please visit http://www.uni-passau.de/en/university/current-vacancies for our data privacy statement.