The Instituto de Matemática e Estatística at Universidade de São Paulo is offering four post-doctoral positions in the field of probability and stochastic processes (stochastic modeling of interacting systems) starting February 15, 2020.
Research activities will concentrate on central and contemporary topics of Probability Theory, Stochastic Processes and related areas. Among them, the study of the properties of random walks in graphs and interlacings; particle systems, percolation theory and their variations such as epidemic models and rumors; biological models such as mutation-selection and population dynamics, random-media processes, scaling limits, and aging of disordered system dynamics and random networks.
These are a one-year post-doctoral position (renewable up to three years) funded by Fapesp.
- No teaching requirements for this position, during the first year;
- The starting date is flexible;
- The salary is approximately R$ 7.000,00/month – there is no tax discount;
- A supplementary grant of R$ 12.000,00/year for research related expenses is included.
Applications should be sent as a single PDF file to ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) and include the following (deadline: December 15, 2019):
- copy of PhD certificate;
- updated CV, outlining academic education, scientific papers publication, teaching and supervision experience;
- copy of the permanent or temporary visa compatible with the proposed activity. This may be submitted later, up to the date of signing the contract, in the case where a fellowship is awarded;
- a letter of intent in which you motivate your interest in this position and provide a brief description of research ideas you'd like to explore during your postdoc;
- names and email addresses of at least 2 researchers that can be contacted to request a reference letter.
These positions are financed through the Fapesp grant 17/10555-0 - Stochastic modeling of interacting systems. For further information, please contact
- Anatoli Yambartsev at email@example.com
- Eduardo Jordão Neves at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luiz Renato Fontes at email@example.com
- Fabio Machado at firstname.lastname@example.org