The University of Klagenfurt announces the following open position:
University Assistant - Pre-Doc Position (PhD Candidate)
in the Faculty of Management and Economics, Department of Economics, Prof. Martin Wagner. This is a 100 % employment position (40 hours per week; Uni-KV: B 1; www.aau.at/uni-kv) limited to 4 years. The minimum gross monthly salary amounts to € 2.864,50 (14 times per year) and can rise in accordance with the provisions of the collective agreement in case of consideration of previous occupational experience to a gross maximum of € 3.396,-- (lit. a). Expected starting date as soon as possible upon mutual agreement.
Tasks and responsibilities:
The position is located in the Department of Economics. The research group has a clear focus on high-quality research and investigates a variety of topics in econometrics, quantitative economics and macroeconomics. The position comprises the following tasks and responsibilities:
- independent research resulting in a PhD thesis in the area of economics or econometrics
- cooperation and support in research and teaching activities, support in organisational and administrative tasks of the Department of Economics
- participation in university committees and within the university's self-governance, and participation in public relations activities of the department
Required qualifications for eligibility:
- completed Diploma or Master's studies in economics or a related field (eg. statistics, mathematics, econometrics or similar) at a domestic or foreign higher education institution with excellent performance
- knowledge in advanced econometric and/or statistical methodology; interest in economics
Proof of fulfilment of all of these requirements must be available by 11 December 2019 at the latest.
Additional desired qualifications
- first experience in academic teaching and research
- first experience in applying quantitative research methods
- interest and dedication in research in economics, econometrics or quantitative economics, best document by first research results
- interest in an academic career
- interest in and willingness to participate in teaching and administrative tasks
- very good knowledge of the German language (level C1-C2)
- very good knowledge of the English language (level C1-C2)
- good software or programming skills, e.g. Matlab, R, Eviews or similar
- social and communicative competences and ability to work in a team
The position is solely intended for the completion of a Ph.D. Applicants with a Doctorate or Ph.D. already completed in a related discipline are therefore ineligible for this position.
University of Klagenfurt is an equal opportunity employer, therefore women are particularly encouraged to apply for the position. In case of equivalent qualifications women receive preferential treatment.
People with disabilities or chronic diseases, who fulfil the requirements, are particularly encouraged to apply.
General information for applicants can be found at www.aau.at/en/jobs/information. For specific information relating to the position please contact Prof. Martin Wagner (email@example.com) or Christina Kopetzky (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications including the usual documents (letter of application with motivation, CV, copies of academic certificates, list of courses taken, bachelor or master thesis, letters of recommendation, ...) are to be submitted online until 11 December 2019 via the Job Portal jobs.aau.at in the category „scientific staff“ by pressing the button „Apply here“ indicating reference code 488-1/19.
Travel and accommodation costs incurred during the application process are non-refundable.
PLEASE NOTE FOR COMPLETENESS THAT ONLY THE ORIGINAL TEXT IN GERMAN AS PUBLISHED ON https://jobs.aau.at/job/universitaetsassistentin-universitaetsassistent-8/ IS LEGALLY BINDING. THE ENGLISH TEXT IS A PRECISE TRANSLATION.