The Faculty of Mathematics and Geoinformation invites applications for an
Assistant Professorship - Tenure Track for „Geometry“
in form of an initially fixed-term (6 years) tenure track position starting from June 1, 2020. The candidate and TU Wien can agree upon a tenure evaluation, which when positive, opens the possibility to change the position to Associate Professor with an unlimited contract.
The tenure-track position is affiliated to the Institute of Discrete Mathematics and Geometry.
Professional orientation: We are looking for an internationally recognized personality who works in the field of geometry, preferably in discrete or stochastic geometry or geometric functional analysis.
Scientific interaction with the existing research areas for Convex and Discrete Geometry and for Geometric Analysis is expected.
Teaching: An adequate participation in the service and compulsory teaching of the Institute E104 is expected. Since the bachelor's degree is taught in German, it is expected that appropriate proficiency in German is acquired with 1-2 years if necessary.
- PhD or doctoral degree in Mathematics
- Outstanding achievements and potential in research, excellent publication record, international reputation
- Experience in academic teaching
- Experience in the acquisition of third-party funded projects
- Post-doctoral experience at a university or other research institution
TU Wien is committed to increase female employment in leading scientific positions. Female candidates are explicitly encouraged to apply. Preference will be given when equally qualified.
People with special needs are equally encouraged to apply. In case of any questions, please contact the confidant for disabled persons at the university (contact: firstname.lastname@example.org).
The employment starts as University Assistant with a minimum salary of EUR 3.803,90 gross (14 x per year) according to the collective bargaining agreement for a PostDoc. After signing the qualification agreement, the employment is as Assistant Professor with a minimum salary of EUR 4.498,40 (14 x per year).
The application must contain besides a Motivation letter and the Curriculum vitae:
· Certificates of doctoral and diploma degrees (copies)
· List of scientific achievements and experience in teaching and training of young scientists
· Acquired third-party fund projects
· Concept for the future plans in research and teaching and contributions to scientific profile of the faculty respectively of the university
· The most important five publications should be highlighted at the CV and attached.
We look forward to receiving your application! The applications should be sent to: email@example.com . Application deadline: January 9, 2020. Further application documents should be sent via USB-Stick to: TU Wien, Personaladministration, Mrs Barbara Triebl-Kraus, Fachbereich wiss. Personal der TU Wien, Karlsplatz 13, 1040 Wien.