The Research, Innovation and Dissemination Center for Neuromathematics (RIDC NeuroMat) offers two FAPESP postdoctoral fellowships for candidates with an excellent academic profile, interested in working in one of the research lines below:
1. Stochastic and/or computational modeling of the brain functioning;
2. Acquisition, processing and quantitative analysis of electrophysiological data;
3. Development and improvement of biomedical equipment for neuroscience research.
Candidates with training in Probability Theory, or in Neuroscience, or in Engineering are welcome.
Registration must be done through the link: neuromat.numec.prp.usp.br/postdoc/new.
The candidate must send the following documents: curricular summary in FAPESP format, list of original publications, summary of a research project directly associated with the NeuroMat research project, and two letters of recommendation.
The fellowships are for an initial period of one year, with a possible extension for another three years. The current value of FAPESP's postdoctoral scholarship is R$ 7,373.10, in addition to additional technical reserve resources for expenses associated with research work. Applicants from outside of São Paulo may receive assistance for moving and installation expenses (http://fapesp.br/270#2.1). The project can be developed at USP in São Paulo, at USP in Ribeirão Preto or at Unicamp.
Applicants should complete and submit the neuromat.numec.prp.usp.br/postdoc/new. The following documents and information are requested (please see the form for further details):
- Summary of the CV, in the FAPESP format (see www.fapesp.br/en/6351 for instructions);
- List of publications, with links to those available online;
- A summary of the research plan for the next year, up to 5 pages length. It should explicitly state for which of the three above profiles the candidate is applying. It should also address its place within the framework of the NeuroMat research program.
- Pointers to other research related output, such as software, web pages, and so forth. Candidates should be willing to send copies of publications, if requested;
- Any further information deemed relevant to the application.
In addition to the above, we require at least 2 recommendation letters. Those should be mailed by the recommenders directly to .
Candidates are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience until June 3rd, 2019. Appointments are expected to start by September 1st, 2019. The initial period of the position lasts for 12 months, with possible renovations for up to four years.
This opportunity is open to candidates of any nationality. The selected candidates will be awarded FAPESP Post-Doctoral fellowships in the amount of R$ 7,373.10 monthly and a research contingency fund, equivalent to 15% of the annual value of the fellowship, which should be spent in items directly related to the research activity. Check the rules of FAPESP post-doctoral fellowships at: www.fapesp.br/en/5427.