The Division of Science at New York University Abu Dhabi is looking to recruit several postdoctoral associates, starting September 1, 2020 to work under the supervision of Prof. Pierre Youssef on subjects including (in no particular order):
- Concentration and functional inequalities.
- Mixing times of Markov chains.
- Random matrix theory and spectrum of random graphs.
- High dimensional convex geometry.
- Mathematical aspects of machine learning (deep learning, feature selection, bias and fairness modeling, etc.)
While excellent candidates with other research interest may be considered, a priority will be given to those able to relate to one or several of the above topics.
The Postdoctoral Associates will be appointed for a duration of two years. Applicants must hold a PhD degree in Mathematics, statistics or theoretical computer science. We seek candidates with an outstanding academic record.
The terms of employment are generous and internationally very competitive and include housing and educational subsidies for children.
For consideration, applicants must submit the following items in PDF format on https://apply.interfolio.com/74217 :
- Cover letter.
- Transcript of PhD degree.
- Curriculum vitae.
- List of publications with a short summary (few sentences) of the contribution of each article.
- A short research statement (max 4 pages) including the applicant’s research interests, accomplishments and future research projects.
- Three letters of recommendation to be sent confidentially (applicants will be prompted to enter the referee’s e-mails).
The assessment of applications will begin on March 15 and will continue until positions are successfully filled. Applications received before March 15 are guaranteed full consideration.
Further questions may be directed to email@example.com.
NYUAD is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity, and social inclusion.