Institute for Mathematics and Scientific Computing is looking for an
University Assistant with doctorate
(40 hours a week; fixed-term employment for the period of 6 years; position to be filled as of September 1st 2020 )
- Applied Mathematics with focus on Partial Differential Equations
- Member of the applied analysis group
- Teaching and supervision of students
- Assistance with organisatorial and administrative tasks
- Finished PhD in mathematics
- Advanced expertise in the analysis of PDEs
- Expertise in modelling with and numerics of PDEs (desirable)
- Adequate number of scientific publications in relation to CV
- Very good command of English
- High personal motivation towards scientific excellence
- Strong interest in applicational background like molecular biology, life-sciences, physics, ...
- Independent working style
- Ability to work in a team and social competence
- Didactic skills for independent teaching
Salary scheme of the Universitäten-KV (University Collective Agreement): B1
The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is EUR 3889.50 gross/month. This minimum salary may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations.
We offer you a job with a lot of responsibility and variety. You can expect an enjoyable work climate, flexible work hours and numerous possibilities for further education and personal development. Take advantage of the chance to enter into a challenging work environment full of team spirit and enthusiasm for your job.
Application Deadline: April 1st 2020
Reference Number: MB/77/99 ex 2019/20
The University of Graz strives to increase the proportion of women in particular in management and faculty positions and therefore encourages qualified women to apply.
Especially with regard to academic staff, we welcome applications from persons with disabilities who meet the requirements of the advertised position.
If you are interested, please submit your application documents before the stated deadline. Make sure to indicate the reference number on your application and please send your CV and photo to:
For further information please contact Mr. Prof. Klemens Fellner (+43) 0316 / 380 5180) or firstname.lastname@example.org.