The University of Klagenfurt announces the following open position:
University Assistant - Pre-Doc Position (PhD Candidate)
in the Faculty of Management and Economics, Department of Economics, Prof. Martin Wagner. This is a 100 % employment position (40 hours per week; Uni-KV: B 1; www.aau.at/uni-kv) limited to 4 years. The minimum gross monthly salary amounts to € 2.929.00 (14 times per year) and can rise in accordance with the provisions of the collective agreement in case of consideration of previous work experiences to a gross maximum of € 3.472.40 (lit. a). Starting date as soon as possible upon mutual agreement.
Tasks and responsibilities:
The position is located in the Department of Economics. The research group has a clear focus on high-quality research and is active in a variety of topics in econometrics, quantitative economics and macroeconomics. The position comprises the following tasks and responsibilities:
- independent research resulting in a PhD thesis economics, econometrics or quantitative economics
- cooperation and support in research and teaching activities, support in organisational and administrative duties of the department
- supervision of students
- participation in university committees, in university self-governance and in public relations activities of the department
Required qualifications for eligibility:
- completed Diploma or Master's studies with excellent performance in economics or a related field (e.g. statistics, mathematics, econometrics or similar) at a domestic or foreign higher education institution
- solid knowledge in data analysis, econometrics and/or statistics,
Proof of fulfilment of all of these requirements must be available by 22 July 2020 at the latest.
Additional desired qualifications:
- first experiences in academic teaching and research
- first experiences in applying quantitative research methods
- dedication to research in economics, econometrics or quantitative economics; preferably documented by first research results in, e.g., the master thesis or first publications
- interest in academic career in economics, econometrics or quantitative economics,
- willingness to participate in research, teaching and administrative tasks
- high claims towards yourself and the work environment, strong performance orientation, organizational skills
- very good knowledge of German (level C1-C2)
- very good knowledge of English (level C1-C2)
- good software and programming skills, e.g. Matlab, R, Eviews or similar
The position is solely intended for the completion of a Ph.D. Applicants with a Doctorate or Ph.D. already completed in a related discipline are therefore ineligible for this position.
University of Klagenfurt is an equal opportunity employer that particularly encourages qualified women to apply for the position. In case of equivalent qualifications women receive preferential treatment.
Qualified individuals with disabilities or chronic diseases are particularly encouraged to apply.
General information for applicants can be found at www.aau.at/en/jobs/information. For specific information relating to the position please contact Prof. Martin Wagner (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Christina Kopetzky (email@example.com).
Applications in English or German including the usual documents (letter of application, CV, copies of academic certificates, list of courses taken, bachelor or master thesis or research statement, letters of recommendation) for reference code 293/20 must be submitted online by July 22, 2020 via the job portal jobs.aau.at/en/ in the category “Scientific staff” by pressing the button “Show vacancies” and then “Apply for this position”.
Travel and accommodation costs occurring in relation to the application process are non-refundable.
Please note that only the German version of the advertisement as published on https://jobs.aau.at/job/universitaetsassistentin-universitaetsassistent-17/ is legally binding.